Help us ensure students have what they need to stay safe and healthy!
The Safe Schools Washtenaw donation drive is collecting supplies and funds so students experiencing homelessness across Washtenaw County have clean face masks, hand sanitizer, sanitizing wipes and more so they can stay safe and healthy. All donations will now go to the Education Project for Homeless Youth (EPHY) and will be distributed to students most in need.
When and Where to Donate: Contactless Drop-Off
When: By appointment only. Click here then choose "Safe Schools Washtenaw" to contact us and make an appointment.
Where: Washtenaw Intermediate School District located at 1819 S. Wagner Rd., Ann Arbor, MI 48103
- Please put your donations in the trunk/rear hatch of your car. When you arrive at the WISD, stop at the "Park Here" sign and donors can open their trunk for contactless donation or let volunteers know to open your trunk for you.
- Staff will maintain safe physical distance from donors and will wear gloves and facial coverings.
What to Donate:
- Facial Coverings (Masks):
- Make Masks: Reusable, washable cloth masks; can be homemade or purchased (must be at least 2-ply; accepting child or adult sizes; see below for mask patterns and sewing instructions)
- Donate Masks:
- Disposable surgical masks (child or adult sizes)
- N95 masks
- Gel Hand Sanitizer: Must be at least 62% alcohol in a pump dispenser or squeeze bottle; no larger than 1 gallon containers; must not contain methanol
- Disinfecting Wipes
- Facial Tissues (Boxes)
- Disposable Gloves: Latex or non-latex
Monetary Donations to support purchasing PPE and other supplies:
Checks or cash can be mailed to:
Washtenaw Intermediate School District
Safe Schools Washtenaw
c/o Sarah Hierman
1819 S. Wagner Road
P.O. Box 1406
Ann Arbor, MI 48106-1406
Donate online at the Safe Schools Washtenaw PayPal (button below). You do not need a PayPal account to donate.
Who will the Safe Schools Washtenaw drive reach?
Interested in making cloth masks to donate?
Mask Patterns by Size:
Mask sewing instructions (including for those with a Cricut) are available here.
Contact us here by clicking "Safe Schools Washtenaw" or call Sarah Hierman at 734-994-8100 ext. 1274
The Safe Schools Washtenaw campaign is made possible thanks to a generous $100,000 starter grant from Toyota Motor North American Research & Development.