Schools across Washtenaw County are doing everything they can to ensure a safe return to school, but we need your help!
The Safe Schools Washtenaw donation drive is collecting supplies and funds so students and staff across Washtenaw County can safely re-enter schools, regardless of socioeconomic status, physical vulnerabilities, or other barriers that may prevent students from fully participating in in-person instruction. Help us collect critical supplies and raise $500,000 to keep our schools safe!
All supplies donated and purchased by donations will be distributed across Washtenaw County's 108 public schools. Learn more in our press release here.
When and Where to Donate: Contactless Drop-Off
When: By appointment only. Click here then choose "Safe Schools Washtenaw" to contact us and make an appointment.
Where: Washtenaw Intermediate School District located at 1819 S. Wagner Rd., Ann Arbor, MI 48103
- Please put your donations in the trunk/rear hatch of your car. When you arrive at the WISD, stop at the "Park Here" sign and donors can open their trunk for contactless donation or let volunteers know to open your trunk for you.
- Staff will maintain safe physical distance from donors and will wear gloves and facial coverings.
What to Donate:
- Facial Coverings (Masks):
- Make Masks: Reusable, washable cloth masks; can be homemade or purchased (must be at least 2-ply; accepting child or adult sizes; see below for mask patterns and sewing instructions)
- Donate Masks:
- Gel Hand Sanitizer: Must be at least 62% alcohol in a pump dispenser or squeeze bottle; no larger than 1 gallon containers; must not contain methanol
- Disinfecting Wipes
- Facial Tissues (Boxes)
- Disposable Gloves: Latex or non-latex
Monetary Donations to support purchasing PPE and other supplies:
Checks or cash can be mailed to:
Washtenaw Intermediate School District
Safe Schools Washtenaw
c/o Sarah Hierman
1819 S. Wagner Road
P.O. Box 1406
Ann Arbor, MI 48106-1406
Donate online at the Safe Schools Washtenaw PayPal (button below). You do not need a PayPal account to donate.
Who will the Safe Schools Washtenaw drive reach?
Interested in making cloth masks to donate?
Mask Patterns by Size:
Mask sewing instructions (including for those with a Cricut) are available here.
Contact us here by clicking "Safe Schools Washtenaw" or call Sarah Hierman at 734-994-8100 ext. 1274
The Safe Schools Washtenaw campaign is made possible thanks to a generous $100,000 starter grant from Toyota Motor North American Research & Development.
Thanks to Masks.com for hosting our Safe Schools Washtenaw page as part of the Great American Mask Drive.