The Washtenaw ISD coordinates and facilitates a variety of services directed at assisting local public school districts in safely operating their pupil transportation programs. Washtenaw ISD provides school bus/pupil transportation training and assistance to school districts in Washtenaw, Livingston and Monroe counties.
Through a contracted consultant, WISD Facilitates planning/problem solving meetings of all local transportation supervisors by hosting regular meetings for transportation staff and related groups.
WISD provides multi-level training for school bus drivers and supervisors.
- Beginning Bus Driver Training. Classes are offered by Washtenaw ISD for school bus drivers in Washtenaw, Livingston and Monroe counties. The cost per registrant is $110.00. Only Transportation Supervisors can register students for the class.
- Advanced Bus Driver Training. The cost per registrant is $25.00.
- Beginning Bus Driver Training and testing are required before employment as a school bus driver. Each school district may also have additional criteria for hiring.
- Workshops offer professional learning on topics of interest to school transportation staff, including student behavior, bus mechanics and bus driver training.
- Register directly with WISD Staff Development Services for any of the workshops offered.
We can assist Washtenaw County school districts in preparing and filing required state reports.
- Interpretations -- Michigan Department of Education staff has directed that public school districts route questions and requests for interpretations regarding technical issues, rules and regulations through transportation staff at the ISD. Requests for information may be made by telephone, e-mail or in writing. Please address questions to Tom Moore at 734-994-2330 or email@example.com.
Transportation Workshop Registration
Bus Driver Training Schedule 2017-2018
Bus Driver Training Schedule 2018-2019
Transportation Directors Meetings 2017-2018
Transportation Directors Meetings 2018-2019
Resources for Prospective Transportation Employees:
MI Dept of Ed Pupil Transportation
Information on Pupil Transportation Certification and Regulations
Secretary of State CDL Manual
Information on obtaining an original Commercial Driver License (CDL)
Anti-Bullying Policy (PDF)
WISD Board Adopted Anti-Bullying Policy
Mandated Reporter's Resource Guide (PDF)
Children's Protective Services Program to the Transportation Department
NOTICE: As of July 1, 2015, the WISD is no longer employing Transportation Administration, Drivers, Mechanics, or Monitors for the Ann Arbor or Ypsilanti Public Schools.