This page contains information on lab usage, fees, equipment, scheduling, procedures and user responsibilities.
Who can use the WISD Computer Lab?
- Constituent Local School Districts
- Washtenaw County Governmental Units
- Michigan Department Of Education
- Community groups whose purpose is related to the mission of the WISD
Fees for using the technology lab will be assessed as follows:
- Programs sponsored by the WISD Board of Education, Administration, Staff and constituent local school districts will not be charged fees to use the technology lab (i.e., room rental, technical time or instructors).
- Groups from Washtenaw County governmental units, Michigan Department of Education and community groups whose purpose is related to the mission of the WISD will be charged a rental fee of $100/session for use of the technology lab plus a $25/hour fee for technical time (i.e. set-up/software installation).
These fees are in addition to any necessary custodial and operational expenses.
Equipment and Software
The WISD Technology Lab contains 20 Dell Optiplex 390 computers operating at 3.1 GHz. Each contains 4 GB of RAM and approximately 160GB of free space available on their hard drives. They operate using Windows 7, SP1. They are configured as 19 student workstations with the Teacher workstation at the front of the class. The Teacher Workstation is connected to a ceiling-mounted LCD projector.
Each PC has the following software installed:
- Microsoft Office Pro 2010
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 10
- Outlook 2010
- Inspiration 8
- Kidspiration 3
- Windows MovieMaker
The LCD projector is capable of projecting from one of the following items at a time:
- Teacher PC workstation
- Teacher Mac Mini workstation
- Cable television feed
- Another output connection is available for a laptop
Instructions for switching the LCD projector between the various pieces of equipment can be found in the lab by the Teacher's Workstation.
Each station is configured with MS Forefront AntiVirus and AntiMalware protection.
If you have never presented using the WISD Technology Laboratory, we highly recommend that you make an appointment with a technology staff member to visit the lab prior to the start of your class or seminar. Technology can be reached by calling the Technology Help Desk number at 1286.
General Public: The lab can be scheduled by contact WISD Event Services at 734-994-8100, x 1315 or x 1222.
WISD staff: In your Outlook Calendar, please schedule a new meeting that includes the _Computer_Lab. If you need specific software for the class/event, please follow up by submitting a CSR. Technology Services will approve your reservation, or request that you pick an alternate time if the lab has been previously reserved for that time.
- Food and beverages are not allowed in the lab.
- The copying of software from the computer is prohibited.
- Software installation must be done by a WISD technician. A license or receipt needs to be presented as proof of ownership.
- Physical abuse of equipment, or any attempt to crash or otherwise interfere with the normal operation of equipment is prohibited.
- Users are responsible for media for file storage. CDs and flash drives will not be supplied by the WISD. Files left on the hard disk may be automatically deleted at the end of the day.
- Printing to the lab printer is limited to single copies only.
- Please do not, move, relocate, or attempt to repair any equipment in the lab. Please contact the Technology Help at (734) 994-8100 x1286 for assistance.
- Please report any problems or concerns to Technology Services. Your adherence to these regulations is appreciated and helps the facility and staff to better serve the community. Please direct your questions to the Technology Department at (734) 994-8100 x1286.
For technical computer lab support or general questions please contact the Technology Help Desk at (734) 994-8100 x1286.